Collagen is a protein that constitutes one-third of the human body's total protein content. It is found in bones, skin, cartilage, and muscles. Collagen peptides are created from hydrolyzed collagen, which breaks down the long chains to amino acids for easy absorption by your body. With its myriad health benefits, it's worth adding these supplements into your daily diet to maintain healthy joints and support your immune system! The benefits of collagen peptides include increased energy levels, improved skin appearance, and reduced joint pain because it helps build muscular connective tissues. Instaskincare community will share with you on that!
What Are Collagen Peptides
Bioactive peptides are short sequences of 2-50 amino acids formed in the skin from several significant proteins of the extracellular matrix. These substances are characterized by powerful biological effects and a high potential for development and modification. They have a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity and modulate melanin, elastin, and collagen synthesis. Therefore, the possibility of their use in health and skin appearance has attracted the attention of scientists.
How Do They Work
Peptides are called "information agents" - they bind to cellular receptors, which perceive them as a signal, and respond to it with "requested" changes. It is essential to understand that not every peptide can bind to one or another receptor: the process can be compared to putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Only some details fit together - so peptides interact only with the receptors that are suitable for them. Different types of peptides are present in the human body, and they are grouped slightly differently in other scientific schools, but usually, they are distinguished as the main ones:
- bioregulators responsible for biochemical processes from appetite to the body's immune defense;
- neuropeptides that control and regulate physiological processes. These include, for example, endorphins, which regulate the emotional state, reduce pain, and form a sense of satisfaction. Neuropeptides also regulate memory, sleep, the urge to get food, and more.
Why Should You Take Them
Natural collagen peptides are produced in the skin during the proteolytic breakdown of endogenous proteins that are found in the dermis and epidermis. As a result of this process, peptide fragments of ECM proteins are formed (for example, fibronectin, collagen, elastin), which perform regulatory functions in skin cells, stimulating or suppressing the production of ECM proteins in different ways. Based on this data, scientists have created synthetic collagen peptides to influence the health and appearance of the skin through this endogenous process. Studies have shown that too low and excessively high levels of specific antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) correlate with various skin conditions, particularly atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea.
The Benefits of Taking Them
Peptides, among other things, activate the ability of skin cells to repair and regenerate, enhance the synthesis of collagen, elastin, glycosaminoglycans (for example, hyaluronic acid), and other essential elements that affect the youth and health of the skin. They also help neutralize free radicals, calm inflammation and stimulate skin immunity. The number of peptides currently at the disposal of chemists has long exceeded one thousand, but not all are used in cosmetology. The following types of peptides are most popular in the beauty industry:
- signaling, which have a stimulating effect on skin cells, activating the production of structural substances, for example, elastin;
- stabilizers that restore skin that suffers from excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays, smoking, and other stress factors;
- immune, that is, those that strengthen the immune system of the skin and maintain it in a "working" state;
- stimulating, which support the border between the stratum corneum and the dermis due to collagen synthesis, tighten the skin, help eliminate hypersensitivity;
- Muscle relaxants that reduce the mobility of the facial muscles of the face prevent the formation of new wrinkles. This effect is sometimes called botulinum for its similarity to the action of Botox injections;
- remodeling, that is, renewing the "correct" process of assembling collagen fibers and increasing firmness and elasticity.
Tips for Purchasing a Good Brand of Collagen Peptide Supplements
Doctors advise using collagen of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd types in the diet to improve health and preserve the natural beauty and youth. Before starting to use them, let's consider in detail the features of each of them:
1st type - used in all cells of the human body. The primary function is to maintain tissue elasticity, ensure water balance, and assimilate macro and microelements. Helpful in strengthening bones, connective tissues and maintaining the quality of the dermis;
Type 2 - acts as a drug used to treat joint and tendon diseases associated with inflammatory processes. Often found in dietary supplements and ointments;
3rd type - ensures the normalization of metabolic processes, thereby improving the appearance.
Instaskincare Collagen Peptides type 1 and 3 take care of the health and look of the body.
If you want to have a more youthful appearance, feel great, increase your energy levels, then try collagen peptides. Collagen is the protein that gives skin elasticity and strength. It's crucial for long-term health, but it also helps skin look smoother and firmer. And because they are easy to make (mix them into some juice or water), this can be one of the easiest ways to get healthy minerals like calcium in your diet! Let us know if you would like help finding the best quality product at an affordable price online to start feeling our best too!